Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Somali Pirate Visits NYC!

I give you the following news item as further evidence of how ludicrous our system has become. CNN reports today (it's no secret) that Abduwali Abdukhadir Muse, a Somali pirate caught in the act of trying to hijack the Maersk Alabama in April, 2009, is being taken to a New York City court for a pretrial hearing. This has to be Muse's grand adventure and what is probably the best time of his pitiful life. I'm sure all his friends back in the homeland are thinking to themselves: "If this is the worst that can happen from pirating and threatening grievous harm to innocent merchant seaman and others, to be sent to a place where I can get three square meals a day and free health care and get my teeth fixed and watch TV and get drugs, just tell me where to sign up."

You couldn't find a better recruitment program if you tried.

~seabgb

No comments: